- Apply online at www.HardestHitAlabama.com
. Before you begin, please have your mortgage loan information and financial information available.
2. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- After submitting your application, you will be provided a list required documents that you must provide before your application can move forward.
3. APPLICATION REVIEW
-When all documents are submitted, your application will progress to the underwriting stage.
During the underwriting stage, the HHA underwriters will:
- Review your application to be sure it meets all HHA program requirements (income limits, UPB limits, etc.).
- Verify unemployment benefits if necessary.
- Order the property valuation.
- Verify the loan balance and status with the mortgage servicer.
4. LOAN CLOSING
- Once the application is approved, the loan closing will be scheduled. After the loan closing, please allow 7-10 business days for verification of required loan closing documents before disbursement will begin.
5. AFTER THE LOAN CLOSING
- After the loan closing, you are responsible for completing and sending a Monthly Occupancy Statement to your HHA counselor.
Each month, HHA will verify your eligibility for unemployment benefits. Once you are no longer eligible or have found employment, HHA benefits will end three months thereafter.